Monday, 2 September 2013

Dinosaur illustrations in colour

Dinosaur illustrations in colour is something I would like to share with you today. Last week I showed everyone some visuals from a book on dinosaurs I illustrated earlier this year. Here are some of the finished pieces artwork!


Dinosaur illustrations in colour: Appropriately this post coincides with BBC 2's Horizon, which broadcasted a show entitled 'Dinosaurs - the hunt for life' very recently. Watch it on bbc iplayer if it is still on the site. It was very good.

It discussed new biological discoveries found within the fossils of one of the most infamous dinosaurs, the T-Rex. Namely blood cells and they even managed to extract soft tissue from the fossil too. They did this by leaving a fossilised bone in hydrochloric acid over night, and what was left in the morning was a very bendy fossil of soft tissue. Apparently there is substantial evidence to suggest it was a very mean big bird with teeth! So here are some mean big bird dinosaurs for you today, which will all be appearing in the forthcoming lift-the-flap book for five to seven year olds. I'm afraid I don't know the publishing date for this book - sorry! As soon as I do, I will post about it for everyone.

If you want to see more of my work then please visit my website www.lynstone.com.


Oviraptor


Epidexiptery