Monday, 15 October 2012

Drawing camouflage

It is Monday and I am trying to get into the habit of sharing my 'how to draw' videos with you! This is a slightly more unusual one, but apparently a lot of people want to know more about drawing camouflage! How about that? This week's tutorial is aimed at helping you to improve your drawings skills. In this video I am just concentrating on how to do camouflage, because it's quite hard if you haven't got a technique to work from and develop.


Drawing camouflage: If you would like to follow this video and learn about drawing camouflage, you'll need a sharpened pencil, or better still a technical pencil, which never needs to be sharpened, a good eraser, and a sheet of cartridge paper to draw on. Also select some appropriate camouflage colours, some greens, browns and lighter colours, like maybe a yellow-green? The advantage of watching and following this video is that you can hit 'pause' whenever you like or even go back over something again if you need to! So anyone can learn and have a go at drawing camouflage. The only drawback is that you do have to put up with looking at me for about two minutes at the beginning - I can only apologise for the director's decision!

I would love to get feedback from and you so by all means go to my 'contact' page and send me your thoughts on this video. If you would like to see more videos I have worked on, just got to www.videojug.com here! Or visit my blogspot blog page, where you can find many more tutorials and tips, click here!

If you would like see more of my 'how to draw videos' on this site. Go to my link labelled 'videos' in the top menu. You'll find it on the far right. All that's left to say is 'good luck and happy drawing'!