Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Cinderella Illustration


Cinderella, but with a huge twist - this one surfs! Every now and then you get the opportunity to work on a project a little different to what you normally get asked to do. I recently finished a commission for The Stephen Joseph Theatre They saw my ink artwork on my website and decided to approach me to work on the poster for them. I was very pleased to win this commission, as I have never done a poster before and so it was something different for me to work on. They have three very different poster formats and so all the artwork had to be separated into different layers. This gave them maximum flexibility when producing the different layouts. Hopefully I will be receiving PDFs of my artwork on their main poster, flyers and smaller posters. I hope to share these with you here in a future post.

They saw my ink artwork on my website and decided to approach me to work on the poster for them. I was very pleased to win this commission, as I have never done a poster before and so it was something different for me to work on. They have three very different poster formats and so all the artwork had to be separated into different layers. This gave them maximum flexibility when producing the different layouts. Hopefully I will be receiving PDFs of my artwork on their main poster, flyers and smaller posters. I hope to share these with you here in a future post.

Here’s the artwork. I have the artwork below, all in one layer and an example of the separate layers below: