Monday, 2 July 2012

How to draw elves


Drawing elves: It is monday and I am trying to get into the habit of sharing my ‘how to draw’ videos with you! This week’s tutorial is aimed at helping you to improve your drawings skills and producing a really good drawing of an elf. In this video I am just concentrating on the head of an elf, because that’s where most of the distinctive features of an elf can be found.

If you would like to follow this video and learning about drawing elves, you’ll need a sharpened pencil, or better still a technical pencil, which never needs to be sharpened, a good eraser, and a sheet of cartridge paper to draw on. The advantage of watching and following this video is that you can hit ‘pause’ whenever you like or even go back over something again if you need to!
I would love to get feedback from and you so by all means use the message box on this page to send me your thoughts on this video. If you would like to see more videos I have worked on, just got to www.videojug.com here! Or visit my blogspot blog page, where you can find many more tutorials and tips, click here!
Firstly, here are some of my preparatory sketches:




Here's the video - enjoy!