Thursday, 17 May 2012

Illustrations for young readers

Having now completed my Top Secret project, which is aimed at an older readership, my portfolio is now unbalanced and is lacking in samples of artwork for younger readers. Now I have a bit if free time I have decided I am going to put together some new illustrations aimed at younger children. I think pirates, and fairies need to be in there, and also something with animals is always good too. 


As I normally create all my Christmas card artwork during the summer, I thought that there may be a way of combining the two? 


Either way over the next few weeks I hope to share with you some new sample artwork that my agent can then show prospective clients. He feels I am perfectly capable of doing illustrations for younger readers, but I lack the necessary samples in my portfolio. So lots of work ahead for me!


If anyone has any ideas, please send me a message or tweet me, as I know some of you now do! See you on twitter @LynAStone!