Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Hercule Poirot meets Ariadne Oliver

Yet again time is whizzing by and I'm finding it hard to do my posts - feeble I know! This week I have been working hard (into the night), finishing off the next Agatha Christie artwork. This time I got to draw Poirot and Mrs Ariadne Oliver. Quite nerve racking because the roughs for both characters had to be approved by Christie's descendants and the trust, at least I think it's called a trust. I am afraid you will have to wait some time before I can show you my version of Poirot and Ariadne, as they will be appearing in a much later issue of the magazine. Hopefully I will be able to share with you issue five's artwork later this week. I need to ask the editor when it's going to be on sale in newsagents and W H Smiths and then I can go for it!

In the meantime, here are some of the lovely references I sourced for the artwork. See if you can guess the year!