Monday, 16 January 2012

Speedy day

Managed for the first time since I started to illustrate this book to meet today's target - yippee! Three full-page roughs completed. Sounds puny I know, but I am one of those artists who are slow at doing roughs, but quick at finished artwork. Good job really, or I'd never reach a deadline in time.


Speaking of which, it's a race to the line this week for Agatha! Yikes am still waiting for PDF of layout and they artwork is due, erm tomorrow evening! This is a little too close for comfort, but what can you do? At least I have worked out suitable background for the characters, while I've been waiting. I refuse to complain though, because I am exceedingly grateful for the work!


Here are some more lovely references I found for the Agatha Christie artwork, and yes this is research for the background and NOT the characters. And yes the period is Edwardian, that is because although the story is set in the 1930s, the house they are living in is very Edwardian in style.