Thursday, 21 July 2011

The downside of being an illustrator

Two words: book keeping! Yep, that is what I've been doing for the last two days my cash sheet. All very boring, but necessary for the dreaded Inland Revenue, as it is called in the United Kingdom. In days of old they would have been hung for piracy, but times have changed. Now they just demand money with menaces - and no flintlock pistol or mask required! You just "stand and deliver" your accounts!


As I have had to deal with figures for two days (and not the naked kind unfortunately), it seemed appropriate to share a picture with you I did initially as a rough for Reed Primary for a book all about a Boggart. A few years later, I decided to re-work it up into something more finished in pencil and here is the result. Hope you like it! Do click on it, if you want to see a larger version...and comments welcome, please!