Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Burlesque studies

Strange title I know, but all will be revealed! This evening instead of going to an ordinary life drawing session, I am going to one organised by the Life Drawing Society in Soho. The model is a world burlesque celebrity, called Sophia de Villiers (according to the website blurb!). The site goes on to say "This session is for the artist who enjoys something more fun that the regular Life Drawing session with a mixture of celebrities of the burlesque and stunning life models who are just ideal for that style of Glam Burlesque."


I believe she may not be entirely naked and will be wearing some of her burlesque costumes, which will be different and quite fun I think. So be prepared to see some out of the ordinary life drawing sketches tomorrow on my blog!


I'm going to leave you with this image I did some time ago now, which is about A2 in size! Some of you may have seen it before! Sorry if you have, but to get to some new ones, would mean an epic journey into the dark recesses of my loft - ugh!