Tuesday, 21 June 2011

A trickle of good news

Well the second client I did artwork for at the Bologna book fair seems to be close to securing the deal they wanted for their series of non-fiction pop-up books, that I have been chosen to illustrate.


With any luck if it all goes ahead they will be covering the UK, KS1 and KS2 curriculum for history and that would mean: the Greeks, the Romans, Ancient Egypt and the Aztecs, the Saxons, the Vikings, the Tudors (and of course the infamous Henry VIII), the Victorians and the Second World War! So if they decide to cover all these topics, hopefully I'll be kept really busy. Hooray!


So far the dummy book for the fair covered the Greeks and a pencil sketch for the Vikings!


I hope to hear shortly whether this is going ahead. These negotiations certainly take a long time to happen!


Here's a picture of the Viking girl to remind you (I always like to add an animal to my artwork and so see if you can spot it):