Wednesday, 29 June 2011

My day lecturing on illustration

Well I have had an enjoyable afternoon with a captured audience talking about illustrating (poor things). We had a few technical hitches to start with getting the projector to work properly, but once I got over my initial nerves and relaxed I quite enjoyed myself.


The only real mess up I made was that I forgot to take some paper engineer models with me to show them and only realised once I started setting up. 


I am glad I decided to take some original artwork with me, as I think everyone enjoyed looking at those, as they do come across very differently in print and on a slide projector - less detail and you lose the subtly of colours, etc.


I am afraid a public health warning is coming up, here are some photos of me taken at the lecture, whilst I was showing them a few of my published books. You have been warned!