Monday, 6 June 2011

More bums and bottoms!

My enterprising little friend, Harry (who is only four) has not given up on his quest for me to read “more bum, bum books, please”. So having thoroughly looked for more through the Bromley library service database to no avail, I have turned to Amazon and found a whole host of bum and bottom books aimed at 0-4 year olds and have decided to buy them myself for my story time sessions!
Wait until I unveil not one, but five ‘bum, bum’ books, they’ll be beside themselves with excitement! Every four year olds perfect book! I have decided that I need to make up some bottom songs to go with the books, as they do enjoy singing too! so, watch out I may post them on my blog!
Here’s one i’ve found (the tune is ‘If your happy and you know it). Great stuff:

Put your bottom on the rug, on the rug
Put your bottom on the rug, on the rug
Put your bottom on the rug,
And give yourself a hug,
Put your bottom on the rug, on the rug.

Put your bottom on the floor, on the floor! (point)
Put your bottom on the floor, on the floor!
Not on the ceiling, not on the door! (point)
Put your bottom on the floor, on the floor!