Thursday, 2 June 2011

Fairy treehouse...

As you know from my previous posts I often work on pieces for the various international book fairs, like Bologna (children's book fair), Frankfurt, London and New York.


Here's a piece I did for Templar Publishing for the last Frankfurt book fair. Unfortunately potential clients deemed it too expensive to manufacture and publish at this lean time in world economics and so it wasn't picked up. It is a pop-up book that folds out and becomes a whole dolls house - a really novel idea. The publisher has not abandoned the idea altogether and are hoping I think for it to be picked up when people have a little more money to invest. They have a few more in the series that did get published, if you want to look, click here (you'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page).


However I thought you might be interested in the process. Below is a picture of a mock-up of the fairy treehouse book that I worked on. Isn't lovely?





And this is my artwork for the jacket...