Thursday, 16 June 2011

Bromley Literature Festival - children's art competition

I may have mentioned a while ago that I have been invited to judge the artwork for an art competition? Well apparently they did not get enough entries for it to go ahead, which is a great shame I feel. Are there no budding artists in Bromley?


However they still want me to attend the presentation for the writing competition, which had a far better and bigger response! They want me to give a speech - not my forte at all! Problem is it is all happening tonight, so having travelled from Hereford all day, I've then got to jump in a cab and be whisked over to this special event. Apparently a few famous children's writers are attending and so it could be interesting and so I am hoping to blog all about it tomorrow!


Here's a reminder about it all: 



THE IDEA: A fun competition to get children excited about writing and the opportunity to have their work published and available in Bromley Central Library and in bookshops throughout the borough. We are also inviting children to draw/paint/design artwork to be used on the book cover on the theme of a fantasy library.

THE PRIZE: The best 10 writing entries in each year group will be published in a special anthology to be launched at the Bromley Literary Festival on the 16th June at Bromley Central Library. The launch party will be attended by some special children╩╝s book guests and the young writers will have the opportunity to read their work aloud.