Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Bologna book fair - the other project

Well it’s still early days, but the other project that went to Bologna has faired a little better and the company does have interest. They are currently in the process of negotiating the minimal print run they want ordered from several interested publishers. Hopefully if one bites, it’s all systems go! 
I feel with this news I am now in a position to share with you the artwork produced for this project. It is very different to the 3D fairy pop-up book, which was fictional and aimed at the gift book market. This one is most unusual, it is a pop-up book, but it is non-fiction. It consists, as far as I know of one main very impressive, pretty large pop-up of a child from a period in history. I had to do an Ancient Greek boy and a pencil sample of a Viking girl, to give clients a further overview of the project. 
I also had to do some small spot illustrations too, to accompany the dramatic pop-up. When I mean dramatic I mean it pops out of the book to height of around 160mm, which is high!
Here they are for you: