Thursday, 31 March 2011

Où vivent les Français?

Some of you may already know that I am trying to learn French, no small undertaking with all those prepositions that can be plural, male or female. I have to say I’m really enjoying it. This week we're learning in more detail how to say where people live and directions, like “Benoît habite une petite maison avec un grand jardin dans la banlieue de Nantes, dans l’ouest de la France.” Roughly translated it means ‘Bernard lives in a small house with a large garden in the suburbs of Nantes, in the west of France”. The class is great fun because, Michelle our teacher (who is native French) has a great sense of humour and so we all have a great giggle all the time! For homework we had to imagine our life and say it all in French, well we had châteaux in Central Park, I lived by the seaside and somebody else was chairwoman of the Bank of Paris - LOL! I think I should have been less modest...”bonk!”