Wednesday, 23 March 2011

A feast of fairies!

Fairies seem to be a popular theme at the moment with children’s books, maybe they have always been alongside castles, dinosaurs and pirates. In recent months I seem to have worked on quite a few fairy briefs and so I thought I’d share an image with you today from The Fairy Midnight Surprise Party, which is currently on Amazon. I had great fun researching British wild flowers for the book and crammed in as many as I could. I wanted to include hedgehogs too along with the rabbits and other woodland animals, but because the book will be sold in America too I couldn’t include them, as they are not indigenous to the States. Still I did get away with the British wild flowers! Shhh - don’t say anything and hopefully they won’t notice...
Here’s a spread from the book