Monday, 14 March 2011

Children say the funniest things

As well as illustrating books, I work part-time in a library, which I love. Working with children can mean you store up a wealth of wonderful anecdotes and so I thought I would share some with you today.
You never quite know what a child is going to say to you at times. On one occasion we had a little five year-old intently watching my colleague put some large teddy bears in the junior library. He then quite seriously went up to her and with a deep frown said “are they there to watch people?” O_O


I have been learning French and so decided one day I would test it on another five year old, who I knew was being taught French by her au pair. So I plucked up the courage and said “Tu t’appelles comment? But the answer got was, well unexpected, “je m’appelle Chicken” What?