Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Big book festival

I now have a date for when I will be taking part in Beckenham Library’s book festival this summer. I have been invited to talk about the world of illustrating on 29th June at 2pm at Beckenham Library, Beckenham in South East London. Other people involved are Karen McLeod author of ‘In search of the missing eyelash’, Judith Niechial, Brian Scovell, Alex Milway, author of the successful children’s book series ‘The mousehunter’ and Malorie Blackman the famous children’s book writer of such novels as ‘Noughts and crosses’, ‘Whizzwig’ and ‘Hacker’. 
Sounds like there will be something for everyone! I have to say this is the first time I have done a talk like this, but this seems to be a year of firsts, as later this month I will be with a TV crew being filmed near Clerkenwell, London - more about that at the end of April. That I am terrified about - beyond nervous!